Monday, October 16, 2006


Last night was a mommy marathon. CP just wouldn't stay asleep and kept waking up crying for some reason. Teeth? Bellyache? Just don't know. We both wondered if she had somehow found some of the cactus spines that I had to pull out of the LW's behind. Ya'see.. the LW was watering the front yard (gray water) and got a bit too close to the prickly pear. CP slept on the couch with the LW until almost 8am this morning as a result of her evening fun and games. When they woke up it was too late to get out for a bike ride, so we just settled into the routine and had breakfast.

CP's been sitting up and standing up more when propped. She hasn't figured out how to go from lying down to sitting up. She tries to pull herself up whenever she can grasp anything, but she can't get traction. I know that she curses the slippery surfaces and the socks that we put on her somehow through all of that drool.

Tonight we went out to Beyond Bread with some friends. Kermit and his girlfriend Alice met us there (with their swanky VW bus) and we had a nice time. Good people. Alice told me how she had made this book. It's pretty wild looking and it was cool to hear how she did it. Alice also knew about Mr. K's BBQ here in town. I had never heard of it, but she said that is was somewhat of a hodgepodge, dirty, and well, very similar to some of the hole-in-the-wall places that existed where we grew up; she in South Carolina and me in Mississippi. I can't wait to try it out!

Mmmmmmmmmmm..I don't think that anything will ever compare to Chuck's Dairy Bar in Rolling Fork though.... If you've never had slaw and Chili on a hamburger, you're missin' out! As kids, that was THE treat ..to get to go over to Chuck's for burgers and fries when we were visiting my grandparents in Cary. My parents went there when they were young and still know a good many people there. I took the LW (then lovely girlfriend) there one time, back in her consistently vegetarian days, and it was a funny thing to see the look on that lady's face behind the counter when the LW, asked for a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and onions. Ooooooh, that was a classic! It was that semi-polite "yuainfrom rounhere isya?" looks.

Kermit's on his way to Mexico to do some dirt bike riding soon and it makes me want to get the XR out of the storage room and dust it off. The only problem is, the Datsun diesel is in the way of the door and it doesn't run yet. I may get it pushed into the back yard or something soon. Anyway, dinner was nice and CP was, as is the case most of the time, happy. I look forward to hearing the stories from Mexico....Kermit's a good rider. He and I went riding once and I thought I was doing good to be able to see his dust before it blew away or settled back to the ground. It was one of my few rides in AZ.

No comments: