Wednesday, October 18, 2006














I don't really know where yesterday went. It seems as though since the weather cooled down a bit, I've been skipping days on the calendar. It is an odd thing to get to Friday and not know where your week went.

This morning was another wonderful ride down to the U and back. This time we stopped at Wild Oats for a smoothie and some decaf coffee. It was good fun and CP enjoyed watching the traffice on Speedway. We went a little later this time and were caught up in the flow of bicycles headed for school. It was akin to the scene where Nemo falls into the current with the turtles. The LW absolutely loved it and CP got plenty of smiles as folks passed by the SS Chariot.

I was asked last week if I would like to take over a room in a Chiropractor's office and I declined this week. After doing that, the next day I got a call from a good friend and fellow LMT who wants me to throw in with him and a few other LMTs in an already established office. I'd thought after I met this guy that he and I would make a good team. We have similar training backgrounds and we don't really buy into the whole feel-your-groovy-aura kind of massage and bodywork. That stuff is fine if you do it, but it's not my gig...and it's not his either. It looks to be a wonderful opportunity to have an office address and will work well with my limited schedule. CP got a little unruly about two weeks ago and ever since then, I've been required by the boss to work in the evening after she's done pecking on her laptop. It's what we'd planned when we started on this baby journey anyway, I just hadn't been forcing the issue with my clients. I'm really excited about it and I had hoped that something like this would happen if I just held out long enough.

CP got her picture in the paper today. I wondered when it would run. They listed me as a democrat although I run in the independent crowd and find the two-party fiasco rather distasteful.

I talked to my dad today and he said that his Clyde and mom's Bonnie were in today and that they should be able to pick them up soon. I'm glad to see that they're going to get out and about and can't wait until we can take them around Tucson next year.....all five of us! Dad said that he didn't know about the 15 mile run down to the U and back, but he'll do it and not even know it. Just keep watching that grandbaby and the miles will click on and on and on......

No comments: