Friday, August 11, 2006

The LW and I had a good laugh at the Daily Show posts over at Crooks and Liars (see link on right side of blog). It was a nice break from the misery that was yesterday.

CP's sleep timing continues to shift and we're trying to deal with it as best we can. This is exacerbated by the LW being under some pretty heavy deadline stuff right now with work and I can't drive or care for things around the house very well. Last night at about 11pm the LW had finally had all that she could take of an entire day's worth of CP's catnapping and ensuing crankiness. I've been lobbying for the Ferber type deal where she just cries it out and begins to realize that crying at nap/bedtime will not bring the parental units to the rescue (unless of course, there's something really wrong) for anything other than some reassurance and a bed check. At 11:42, 40 minutes after she was put in the crib kicking and screaming, she tired herself out and took off into dreamland. I'm sure that my mother and brother will tell me that it's about 2 months overdue.

I'm managing to hobble around a little better and the knee's returning slowly toward a normal size. It already feels less crunchy. I got out to the garden meeting yesterday and things seem to be going well. A little fine tuning here and there, but good on the whole. One of the committee members is going to China soon with a group called China Focus. It sounds like an interesting trip and I look forward to hearing him tell the tales. I only got to see a bit of Hong Kong when I was there in '94. It was a dash from the liberty boats, into Wanchai, off to Kowloon, and then back to the boat.

I got called a bigot recently for posting what I thought about the recent immigration woes and about a recent crash that left quite a few "suspected illegal immigrants" injured or dead after the suburban that they (21 of them) were packed into. Interesting stuff, but no big deal really. It's hard to know someone from just a few sentences of a post on a website. I've done similar stuff, but have learned lessons from it.

No comments: