Sunday, August 13, 2006

CP enjoyed my rendering of the Cat this morning. She was cooing along as I went through it and it had her mother in stitches. We got some of it on video, so it'll make it into the next video. The current video will go in the mail some time in the coming week.

Speaking of stitches, mine are doing fine and the knee only twisted a little bit when I tripped this morning whilst trying to weed-whack the pigweed in the garden and back yard. It's close to amaranth, which does well here, and will grow to about 4' tall in short order. I caught them in the pollen stage, so I hope that the seeds they're carrying will not germinate. I'd really hate to have to go sprinkling the back yard with monsanto's perfectly safe products.

After 28 years or so of my mom working to help people get the benefits that they need and have (most of the time) earned, she's being hit with a grievance for not hiring the sibling of the union representative in the office. It wasn't filed by the chicken- that got beaten for the job, her sister filed it for her regarding an issue that's blatantly trumped up and is outright slander. I can't for the life of me understand why, people who can't get fired....ever, need a union. Gompers would be rolling over in his grave if he hadn't long ago turned to dust. I remember when she started in MS when she would come home upset by not being able to help honest folks and then seeing the scammers getting all the gubment $$ that they wanted. She's done it all. She started basically as a clerk, got transferred and accepted into a new office (sight unseen) since her name is spelled a bit differently than most caucasians, and finally, after working hard, after raising two boys and cleaning up after a husband for 27 years, moved into her own office. She commuted from another town for the last year since she knew that retirement was coming and endured her husband complaining about the separation the entire time. All of this to quietly retire and spend more time with her nose in a good book and to have the time to spend with grandkids.

The LW and I looked up lawyers this morning in her area. I hope they own this girl, her house, her cars, and her belongings as a result of a slander lawsuit. I hope that I then get invited to sell all of her personal items back to her at a yard sale.

In other news: I still can't believe that Asscroft's thugs were stupid enough to arrest Tommy Chong. For a guy who was beaten out of office by a dead guy, he sure lived up to his potential as a jackass while enjoying his appointment by Shrubby.

No comments: