Thursday, August 17, 2006

I started playing with things on the blog today. I added the Flickr badge to the right after I saw in over at SweetJuniper. The Feedblitz box below the pictures lets folks subscribe to the blog feed using email and there's also an RSS feed from Feedburner down at the bottom of the sidebar for those less technically challenged than me. (Yes folks, you can put your email in that box and get my daily rant delivered to you without even having to go near those internets.) Firefox was doing some strange things to the layout earlier and I'm glad that's over with. It probably has something to do with the Norton Internet Insecurity/Processor Hog that I have running.

I stopped off at the bird store up on Grant and got a refill of the thistle seed that I give to CP's goldfinches. It was a warm one out yesterday and I was driving home from picking up Aunt Melissa at the airport. As I was paying for the thistle, the guy at the counter remarked about the cash being damp and asked if I'd been caught out in the rain. Man, I was tired, sweaty, and as usual, I wasn't quick enough on my feet to take the opportunity to mess with the guy. On the way home I thought of all kinds of things that I should have told him:

"I dropped my wallet in the toilet down at the truck stop...and after I fished it out....."
"Yep, I was standing still down at the park and some lady's great dane peed on my pocket.."

"The baby spit up on it, but I hope that I wiped off all of the solid stuff, you might check that..."

Ahhh....the things that I wish I was quick-witted enough to do.

The LW met her deadline and as usual, just plain rocks. She's been bustin' it late into the night this week and it's good to see her taking it a bit easy today. We hope to go to the farmers market tonight to check things out and to get out of the house. I think we'll stop down at the Ordinary and get CP's Chariot Cougar ordered as well.

No comments: