Monday, August 28, 2006

Got a letter in the mail today about how the new insurance company wants to exclude my knee for five years. Now I could understand excluding related things like patellar cartilage, but not everything in the entire knee for five years. I have good ligaments, but if I fall off of a ladder while trying to get my monkey ass up to the swamp cooler to fix it or shut if off for the winter, I'd like to have the ligaments fixed. The insurance broker is going up to Marrricopa county tomorrow to talk to the underwriters and will see what the deal is. My doc seems to think that they can only exclude it for a year under AZ law. The top two circles show the patellar cartilage before the doc went in there to work his magic. The bottom two circles show the same view after he was done. (2nd row is the stuff as he was trimming it and the ligaments. 3rd row is the meniscus.) There's alot less crunch~n~munch goin' on in there now.

CP has been a bit funky lately. She got her 2nd round of shots on Saturday. She did well, but has been a bit cranky and just a bit out of the norm. Friday night she slept all the way through the night. 9pm-7am. She's been going until about 5 or 6am since then. Her great-uncle Mark gave her this onesy and her mom absolutely loves it. Grateful Dead....pfffffffffft

An interesting woman passed away Sunday. Whenever people like this pass away, I wonder who will fill their shoes. Newdow recently tried, but didn't seem to get very far and I doubt that many others will get very far when they follow against the supreme court. Shermer and his ilk do what they can, but it's going to take quite a few people like Mrs. McCollum to keep things in check around here in adult fairy tale land. If any of these self righteous right wing nuts lectures my daughter about anything....ever....they'll be waking up to the taste of their own blood and several dysfunctional bones, joints, and/or teeth.

..and then there's this from Sam at ProRev.


No comments: