Monday, June 18, 2007

A Little Warm

For an afternoon nap, it's a bit toasty at 101 degrees. CP's been sleeping for 2 hours now. The LW and I just went into the room to watch her little fingers and toes twitch as she sleeps. While we were standing there, the LW asked me if I remember when she was only as long as her legs are now.....sadly, I can't. I remember seeing her in the tub after she was born, but I can't recall much after that for a few months. The only thing I recall from when everyone came to visit was just both of us being soooo tired that we were barely functioning.

This weekend was a bit of car work, the LW made soup with Aunt B., and I think we went to a garden or two. We watched Pursuit of Happyness last night and it felt as though there was a lead blanket, similar to the blankets worn for xray procedures, over me for most of the movie. It feels so awful to watch people having a tough time of things. I had a hard time with it because I sometimes feel like the character in the movie when work is sparce and the office rent is due. The LW assured me that we'd never slip that far through the cracks because we have a very sturdy social/family network, but still, it was sad and hard to watch.

This morning CP and I watched Cars and I really enjoyed it. Just a fun little movie. I think that we'll load up and actually hit some parts of Route 66 some time soon. Maybe on the way toward Sonoma in August.

The old Jetta is still at Stuttgart being worked on and the truck is good to go with a new catalytic converter. It'll be interesting to see what comes up with the Jetta. Next up on the fixit schedule: Small engines in lawn/garden equipment, garden drip systems, and bicycles.

No comments: