Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cars On Blocks

Well, almost, but not quite up on blocks yet. Today I added a thermoswitch to the list of parts I've tried on the old jetta to get it to stop overheating - then I added it to the list of things that didn't fix it. I confess, I've been shotgunning it hoping to avoid the ever-present radiator replacement that's been hanging over me. It only succumbs to the overwhelming heat when the A/C is on which tells me that the added heat from the condenser is just more than it can bear. Tomorrow, I will run it over to Stuttgart Autohaus and have them check it out and do the radiator if it needs it - depending upon whether or not it's going to cost more than the car's worth. I could do it, but I'd have to disconnect the AC lines and all of that and I don't feel like messing with it. Everything I touch on that car is just one more thing that I could possibly break. It'll get going.

The truck's up on "the rack" outside now and the catalytic converter is out of it. I'll get some bolts tomorrow and get that thing handled. It was all kinds of messed up on the inside, so the rattling and whistling noises should stop with the new part. I'll tighten the A/C belt that "Mr. Lowball" said was the A/C compressor and it should just about be ready to find a new home.

I did something to my neck the other day and it hasn't been right since. One could argue that it hasn't been right since the whiplash I sustained in that crash-up derby that Crazy Larry got me into after high school, or the numerous falls while learning to snowboard, or that 3rd gear pitchoff that my KLX300 served up that time while I was crossing tractor ruts at the wrong angle. At any rate - it hurts. Last night I took some flexer-ill to try and calm it down and stole the LW's feathery pillow. Not a good plan. Today she woke up with a headache from sleeping on the wrong pillow (or was that sleeping on a small piece of the bed because the baby was in the bed with us and pushes her onto the edge....?) Well, whatever the cause, it was my fault and it's just been cheery all day around here.

Auntie Melissa took care of CP this afternoon while I worked on things. It was nice to actually be able to accomplish things that require more than 7-18 seconds of sustained concentration and I thank her for allowing me that free time. George made CP a little blue cart to push around and it is wonderful. I felt bad when I walked in with the one that Aunt Carie had given to CP, but I hope that George knows just how much the LW and I really value hand made objects. She will keep it and we will try to make sure that her first child has the option of playing with it. It's beautiful.

No comments: