Friday, June 16, 2006

This haze of a week has apparently come to an end. I did a little work and got to try out some anatomy trains type work. We'll see what the consensus is and see if the concept helps me to help people take care of themselves.

I had to go on base this week and it just brings back memories of being Uncle Sammy's little pawn. Can't hardly stand it. I pulled up to the house to hear "Made It To Arlington" blaring. I got into a little discussion of how the song is sung in the first person of a dead military person. (It was apparently lost on this person that I spent six years in the military as well.) The song is basically speaking for a dead person and presumes that this dead person saw his father the day he arrived in a casket...as a dead person. I guess I'm the only one that finds this rather odd and bit morbidly disrespectful. The song presumes that there is some sort of afterlife, another thing I find strange as a materialist. I wonder how many of the dead, if they could come back, would look upon all of us and scold us for the folly of killing ourselves as a matter of common course because our governments believe that one creation myth is better than the other. Simply absurd.

CP and I spent a little time with mommy at the credit union today getting the details sorted out on the little trail bike that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's all plated and ready to go, but I have to get my permit/license endorsement to be fully legal. I look forward to being able to run short errands on the thing around town so I don't have to fire up the truck. You just can't beat 50mpg. After we got home, the LW made some mushroom enchiladas and I took CP out in the garden for a tour and a look around. She seemed enthralled by the corn blowing in the breeze and I got down close to the Mexican Hat that's growing in the flower plot. The cantelope are growing like mad and I wonder how much CP will have changed by the time they ripen. We started getting goldfinches this week. They're fun to watch and the house finches have been trying their best to hang upside down and get at the tiny thistle seeds.

Our new neighbors to the west have been in the house for a couple of weeks. Seem to be nice folks, but still have not put any curtains or window dressing up. It's kinda strange. If it were a couple of college kids, I wouldn't really think twice about it, but it's a family of four. Oh, and trash day is on Saturday, but they put the can out on Thursday. The lid blew open and not only filled the yard and desert plants with various trash, it smelled like something died in the trash can. Niiiiice.

The Coronado National Forest planning meeting is tomorrow downtown and I hope to get enough sleep between now and then to make it and be able to compose coherent thoughts. I'm sure that some of the folks from the Center For Biological Diversity will be there and it might be a good show. The gal that was at one of the meetings last year was an angry person. She seemed in a huff the entire time and snapped when one of the guys at the tables started talking about something concerning critters. They're working for "roadless", and while I agree on many of their points, I'm just not down with that.

No comments: