Tuesday, June 20, 2006

8:30am Loud music coming in the sliding door to the bedroom. LW and baby sleeping soundly. I spent the night with CP on the couch, so the LW could get a good night's sleep.

Holy @##$$# @#$%, who in their right mind blares the radio at 8-@#$%^&-30am in the morning? I wander out to see what's up and there's a Jeep Cherokee in the new neighbor's driveway idling with one rear door open, ac running, music blaring out of it, and the open door pointing toward our house and our bedroom window. I got my nastiest duds on and tromped sleepily over there.

Go to door.
Child opens door to find me.
Child's sister is on couch watching tv.
Child's sister sees me and yells, "shut the door".
Child slams door in my face.

Knock on door.
Child's mom comes to door.

"Is that you're...", as I point to the Jeep.

"Yes, it's a rental", she says.

"Is it supposed to be sitting out here with the radio blaring?"

"Oh, I'll tell my husband. He must have had to run in ...blah blah blah..."

"Uh huh...thanks...", as I tromped angrily back across the yard and to bed.

What the hell is wrong with people? Can one be so utterly clueless? Like I've said before, it wouldn't be all that out of the ordinary if it was a couple in their 20s, but it's not.

Well, yesterday I moved their trash can back into the yard just to be neighborly and in order not to send out the advertisement to the local sticky-fingered crackheads in the area that noone was home. I see the folly of my action now. Good neighbor my arse....

No comments: