Monday, June 26, 2006



Another beautiful day with CP is in the tank as she dreams on the couch. It actually rained here today as we kicked around the house. I was trying to catch up on some sleep this afternoon and was awakened by water running off of the roof into the back yard. The LW was nice enough to unplug everything due to the lightening and made sure that I didn't get shaken out of dreamland by random pot clanging in the kitchen. I found myself awake near dinner time and she was mixing and baking some granola-type stuff while watching CP in the swing. I don't know how she does it. At least three times today CP was screaming like there was a fire in her diapers and as soon as she hit the LW's arms - calm, it's like she was instantly intoxicated with the smell and feel of mommy. I can't blame her for that.

I didn't realize that the job of SAH Dad would require me to shave every day, but evidently it does. I can't really hold CP without her random head balancing act causing her to smash some tender part of her face into my beard. She's backing off of the post-shot crankiness a bit, but a smattering of it remains. I was advised by my brother to never let the LW take CP to get any more shots. "That's your job", is pretty much what he said. The LW is still somewhat traumatized by the screaming, but is recovering well.

No comments: