Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Another week disappeared in a fog. We've seen the virus stuff run its course and as soon as CP could eat, she started teething. I don't know which is worse, seeing her not feeling well and being sedate, or seeing her go full blast teething all the while. Of course, I'm happy that she's up and around more. She's been laughing alot lately and when the LW was sleeping off an entire night spent soothing a fussy baby, I was shushing her with my finger over my mouth. Now she does it. It's pretty funny stuff. Her appetite is back 3 times over. She eats just about anything in her path - edible or not. Tonight, she crawled from the living room into the kitchen and headed straight for the cat bowls. Almost nothing is safe....including the cats. She found out recently that Violet doesn't care for her brand of petting by leaving her 4 little claw marks on the side of her face. Just like her dad, CP learns the hard way.

I'm still working on getting the motorcycle boots stuff figured out. I picked up some Alpinstars Tech 3s the other day and I like them. My ride this past Sunday was good and the boots did well. I wish that I could say the same for the handlebars and clutch lever which now both have a snazzy new "custom" bend created by gravity and it's aftereffects. My buddy Kermit says that he has another set of stock bars, but I hope to get into a set that are a little more sturdy. We'll see how that pans out.

Word of 5" of snow tonight from the family in Kansas City. Yikes! I actually had a long sleeved shirt on when I went out to get the mail tonight in my shorts and sandals. I'm so glad we don't have to tolerate that anymore. Everyone seems to counter with the high heat, but 110 here is really not much different than a 98 degree day back there.

Haven't heard anything about the cousin who is in Air Force boot camp right now. Suckerrrrrrr. It'll probably be a good thing for him and I hope that he's getting hammered on right now just like I did. He's a good kid.

The LW's back to work now. She'd been on 30hrs/wk to do nothing for 6 weeks and it looks like the two companies that she works for are finally playing nice with their contracts. It's good to see her back in action again. We've both been working lately and it's been fun.

No comments: