Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ahhh...nothing like life on the edge of the rough parts of town. Our neighbor came over this afternoon to tell me that some clowns ("crazy crackheads with gold teeth") that somehow know him through some past (and somewhat dubious) associations ran into him while he was at work today. Not only did they run into him, evidently there's some sort of grudge that's still held and this led to them chasing him through town, through red lights, and finally putting a gun out their window and threatening to shoot him. I'm not really clear on exactly whether they recall exactly where he lives, but soon after he told me this, he and his wife loaded up the kids and left home. He advised me to be on the lookout for their car.

I soon started looking on the web for various shotguns since it doesn't look like my folks will make it out here any time soon with the one that I've been waiting on for over 3 months. This set the wife off, since we have differing opinions about what to do should someone try to break into the house. She wants to somehow grab the baby, finaggle the back door open, and scoot out, while I'd rather stay put and punch big improved-cylinder 12ga sized holes in them (thus saving my fellow taxpayers alot of money in the long run). I've tried to convince her how easily fences get hopped and glass gets broken, but .... I'm arguing with someone who used to coach a debate team.

No comments: