Thursday, January 04, 2007

The new year has sneaked in quietly and found us just as short of time as last year. My new year's resolution if you can call it that, is to answer emails/use the internet when CP is napping or when the LW is off of work. CP's been taking steps while held up standing and will stand against the couch and play. It's pretty funny. She's still doing the pat-a-cake thing. It's still funny. The LW took her to baby time at the library this week and I may take her next week.

I'll be getting ready tomorrow to take the XR and head out to Phoenix for this weekend's race. The flyer says that it's 25 miles or so. It sounds simple, 25 miles on a motorcycle, but I know some of the guys that helped mark the course and I don't think anything on it will be simple. My race number for 2007 is 506V in the 30+/Vet-C class. It's when CP came around and that's easy for me to remember. I hope to use the season of racing to get me back into shape. 15 months of sitting around with a sick wife, then an infant didn't really help the waistline any. I've recently begun acquiring sponsorships using sponsorhouse.com. It has worked out pretty well for me so far, but I don't really compete at the level where they give you anything for free - just a price break. Every bit helps though.

We've got cauliflower and lettuce sprouts coming up in the garden and it's great. The LW built some hoop houses for me the other day and with plastic over them, they make great little greenhouses. Cabbage and broccoli are coming along slowly.

Up in Phoenix, some folks are protesting prop 300, which says that if you're not a legal citizen of this country, you shouldn't be allowed to pay in-state tuition for your college. What part of you're not a legal resident don't you understand? I had to pay my year of out-of-state tuition to go to school and I'm a veteran for cryin' out loud. Come to this country using illegal means and then expect the right to cheap tuition? Would you like a boot in the arse and a bus ticket to Calderonville with that?

Another beautiful day.

No comments: