Friday, January 19, 2007

A third set of exposed pipes had problems yesterday and got fixed today at the Community Gardens. It was cool because someone had installed a union in the line, so I didn't have to do much. It rained here most of last night, so I didn't have to worry about the plants starving for water. It's a bit cool out though, and it makes it tough to work in the water.

CP has been enjoying raisins lately. She's just now able to work them around in her mouth and chew them up. It's pretty funny since she can chew them better than she can hold them. She drops them into her bib and then begins to look around as if someone has taken them from her. and want more. The LW is reading Ten Little Ladybugs to her right now and she's squealing and talking to the raised plastic bugs on the pages. CP is almost crawling as well. She gets up on her hands and knees, but hasn't quite figured out locomotion...yet.

This morning we were serenaded awake again by the neighbors barking dogs - yup, the same one whose pit bull escaped a few weeks ago. It seems that "animal control" is a misnomer as they don't really appear to be doing much. This morning I called the PD and spoke to them since the animal control phone# only rings once, then picks up with dead air. An officer took my information, but I haven't heard anything. The last time that I called, another neighbor had also called, so at least I know it's not just me being annoyed by these pooches.

Still no word on the LW's contract stuff, so she's been hanging out with CP and I. This week she's actually made it out in the herb garden and started on the spring herb crop. It sounds promising.

No comments: