Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lots Happenin'

The LW is working on getting me in on the gig that she has going somehow, but I was recently dealt the hand that I'm sure many stay-at-home moms get when they look into moving back into the workforce, "your skill set is rather dated". Hmmmm..... The last time that I checked, electrons were still electrons, but oh well, I'm moving on to other prospects anyway. Some friends out at the local war machine may be able to help me at least geta shot at something actually using my military experience with missile and aircraft work.

The main reason that I'm looking is so that we can put CP in a Montessori (private) preschool that will take little people who are 2 years old. Most wait until 3 it seems - maybe they think that most kids will be potty trained by then, although from what I've seen some places this sadly isn't the case. (rant: Who in the hell wants to still be changing diapers on a 3 year old? Cripes, I'd consider myself a failure as a parent if CP was still crapping in her pants.) We went and took a tour yesterday and after about 20 minutes, CP didn't want to get in the car to leave. There were small animals in each room and learning activity stuff everywhere. We were sold, but now just need the work to come through so that the $700/month will work out.

The LW's used 700P Palm Treo showed up today and she was speechless just holding it. We'll probably both be using them soon enough, and even though it's not the swankiest new gadget on the block, they'll serve well as a multifunction device.

CP and I went to the park this morning for almost 3 hours. There were some other kids there that seemed to like playing with her and she had a blast. They ran, climbed, and slid until it was time to go home for lunch. CP's climbing ability is improving and she can hold her own with the other kids. I ended up getting stung by one of those big red ants and now know the pain that CP experienced a few weeks ago. It was my first sting from one of these and it's wicked. My hand still hurts and that was 3 hours ago.

All is well.....

No comments: