Thursday, September 04, 2008

Can't Move

After our last trip to Arkansas, we discussed what it would be like to move back to Kansas City and back into the (bulging) bible belt so that CP could be around her cousins. We batted it around a bit, but it seems that we're ok with what's offered here - where there isn't a church on every corner and nobody lives in a dry county.

To add to this, CP's cousins live a split life between two households anyway, so I think that it would just add to the craziness that already exists there. We'd be hanging out on both sides of that fence and I don't know how that would turn out. Both sets of grandparents would be close and we'd love to have built-in babysitters. The thing is, we'd probably both have to work two jobs to live there. I don't think that the LW could land a $50k+ telecommuting gig back there and there are too many folks that sprint dumped still floating around. It'd just be tough for us there...sprint's been in the crapper for a long time, the KC schools struggle to get accredited, and even Hallmark is starting to bail out.

CP will grow up out west and live a completely different childhood from what the LW and I both had. She'll know the desert, trips to the ocean, and friends that are family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You made my day.

AMorris said...

Now you get to babysit! We'll put you up at the top of the rotation.

Melissa said...

I wanna be at the top of that rotation too!!! Sheesh...I would be so sad if you took my favorite bebe ever that far away. Oh, and I would miss you guys too.