Sunday, May 13, 2007

The LW's Day

No saccharine card, no bouquet of flowers,....this morning I loaded CP up in the Chariot and took her to the park for an hour or so. After I left, the LW got to spend this time finishing up her night's sleep and then luxuriating in the shower....this time without a little person who loves to sneak into the bathroom and pull back the shower curtain. It seemed to be the perfect mother's day gift.

She's wearing her Uncle Jason's hat in this picture. I kept putting it on her and she kept trying to put it back on my head. Fun stuff.

I picked up a file cabinet at the Planned Parenthood yard sale on Saturday. I passed it and was going to head home, but the local fundies were out with their picket signs, so I decided that it was worth a visit. (You'd think that they'd be busy adopting all of those children in foster care, or who are born to parents who don't want them instead of protesting Planned Parenthood.) Either way, I found the perfect file cabinet and today the LW picked out a paint color and we rattle-canned it a sage color. I remarked that it looked to almost be the color that many of them came in originally, but to no avail. It did however take about 4 cans and we still have not finished the job. The final coat/can will be done in the morning.

This afternoon we spent some time in the community garden. It was good to see squash, and whole lot of other plants growing in such a short time. We had our first two tomatoes this week. One was 9oz and the other was 11oz. They made really great BLTs!

No comments: