Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Two good days in a row. Last night we went over to Oma's supposedly to have dinner and I got surprised by Oma' merely being the babysitter. We went out for dinner, then picked up Auntie Melissa and the cake, and headed back to Oma's for a round of Quiddler. It was good.

The sound of rain splattering on the concrete woke me up this morning, well after I'd gone back to sleep following CP's 3:45am vocal lesson anyway. I got the bike gassed, loaded, and headed out for Reddington Pass to give the XR a little bit of a test. IT WAS COLD! I dressed just like I would for a winter ride back east. It felt just like all of those times my bro and I would load up - headed for a weekend in N. Mo. farm country. It's supposed to get down to around 25-30 tonight. Nothing like the desert for wild temperature and weather swings. I got about 15 miles or so of trail riding in and finished up around 30 with fire road riding. It was fun not to have to keep up with anyone and I found a good training loop. Trail #4438. In one section it's nothing but bowling ball sized rocks laid next to each other....for about a 1/4 mile.

We're off to see Warren Miller's new movie Off The Grid tonight. They're handing out Telluride lift tickets with an entry and there's a guy that wants ours. He's going to get us in to see the movie in return for our lift tickets. It's a good deal for everyone and it'll be Dianne's first Warren Miller movie. My first time to see one on the big screen.

Aunt Brandy is going to babysit! Yayyyyyyyyy!

No comments: