Monday, November 06, 2006

It was a good weekend around here. Dug in my Community Garden plot and then got to watch Long Way Round all day on Sunday. I saw it on the shelves at Casa Video, but thought that it'd be some half-arse docudrama about a couple of rich Brits running around the countryside. Well, it was kinda like that, but still good. Other than McGregor not being able to ride in sand or potholes worth a crap, they did really well and it was a good recording of the trip. It also showcased how KTM threw them under a bus at the last minute of their trip and how BMW saved the day. It's one of the few DVDs beside On Any Sunday and Dust To Glory that I'd consider owning. Now I know why my friend Pat really wants to get out on that XR650 and stir up some dust. My throttle hand started to twitch just sitting there watching the movie. It looks like a trip to Moab is somewhere in the future....I'd guess somewhere before my 40th birthday and just after I get a GPS and figure out how to use it. Maybe I can pry my brother out of the armpit of the midwest and get him on a bike out here.

The LW got to sleep in until almost 10am on Sunday. It was good to see her stumble into the living room with squirrelly hair and sleepy eyes. CP had been up since about 6:30 and she and I had a good morning, so it started everything off right. Aunt Brandy visited in the afternoon and then the LW went to see Maya Angelou with Aunty Lisa.

No comments: