Monday, November 27, 2006

It was a good a day as any to turn 37 I reckon. CP was great all day and I got lots of calls from people that were happy to know that I'm alive and well. As a friend often says, "Every day I read the obituaries and I am always pleased to find that I'm not listed". Best of all, my wife let me do what I wanted to do today for a bit. I got some free time to tinker with the XR250 and it was a blast. I'm convinced that tinkering is profound therapy for whatever ails, but insurance doesn't cover it. Tonight she bought be dinner and ice cream. Life is good.

The LW got out of the house today and zipped over to Ike's Coffee and Tea to work for a while. It was so wonderful to see her get out of the house and I must admit that I really enjoyed having the house to myself, well, almost. CP kept me company and was just all smiles today. We soaked up some sun in the yard for a bit and before we knew it, the LW was back and sequestered on a conference call.

We're watching a bit of football on and off. It's going with the TV muted and is completely pleasant that way. I think that the last time I watched a snowy football game, Terry Bradshaw was playing as quarterback.

I should be able to post photos once my camera's cord arrives in the mail from Arkansas. It's always the tiny important things you leave behind.

CP fell asleep in my arms tonight and that's the best birthday present of all.

No comments: