Monday, September 18, 2006

Yesterday was CP's first trip to the zoo. I bolted out the door early to get over to the Chaverim garden meeting so that I could drop off some freshly donated implements and composters that were filling the bed of my truck. When I made it to the garden, I got to meet some of the new folks there and razz the old timers a bit. I even had one of the gardeners try to get me to fix some "leaks" that turned out later only to be normal operation of the drip irrigation lines. As I was getting ready to go and bidding everyone goodbye this same person told me that "she's too young to go to the zoo". It's a good thing that it was a beautiful morning - I just turned around and left. The LW had cooked bacon, eggs, and biscuits by the time that I made it back home. It was a rare treat. Mmmmmm pig, chicken, and little rounds of wheat flour.

We picked up the Auntie Melissa and made it to Reid Park by 10am or so. Driving around the lot to find a shady spot, it seemed as all of them had been taken. Just as I was about to give up, we saw a spot that was almost covered by the shade of a mesquite. I didn't notice until we were pulling in that the car parked right next to us had DG plates on it. Yup, Douglas County Kansas. Schnikeys...I just can't get a way from KU people. The LW left a note on their windshield that said, "Rock Chalk".


CP enjoyed being pushed around in the SS Chariot. She looked at the giraffe, the mandrill, and a few assorted birds, but was almost out in napland by the time we made it to the parrots where her mom smiled for the "pirate picture". It was fun for everyone though. We all got out of the house and got to see something a bit different. We returned to the car to find the piece of paper, the one she had left for our parking lot neighbors, on our windshield with, "GO KU" written on the other side. Pretty funny stuff really. Melissa wondered how they knew who put it there and the LW showed her the KU plate on the front of the superjetta.

I'll update with pictures once blogger wakes up from the little dirt nap it is currently taking. Flickr has some new images too. A couple are from this weekend's garden meeting.

No comments: