Monday, January 23, 2006

in Tucson


Man, I feel for those guys at Ford who are going to get the axe. This will hit the local communities pretty hard as well as it funnels down through the local suppliers and other companies that keep the plants humming along. There are quite a few liquor stores outside the front gates of the plants that will be closing up, but the churches won't get to savor that victory for very long as the collection plates slowly begin to grow dusty.

I remember the same thing coming down finally from Sprint about the ION project going down the crapper. Schnikeys that sucked. It turned out ultimately though to be the best thing that could have happened. It led me away from things that just sucked the life out of me and toward some really good stuff. The wife and I packed up and left the midwest behind; something that we might have done eventually anyway. Off to Colorado to try it out for bit and then on to Tucson when we outgrew our taste for small-town xenophobic Colorado (just google "Royal Gorge"). I haven't had to take a "production job" at a fast-food place yet, so things are lookin' up!

No comments: