Wednesday, May 06, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!

We've a bit of a road trip coming up whether we move or not. It'll start out in Bolton Mississippi after a family reunion on my maternal grandfather's side and end in Charlotte North Carolina. Now, I've started an itinerary for what I hope will be the five of us (CP and two of her cousins). We're big fans of Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations, so I'm using their site and the Roadside America site sources for interesting things (and oddities) that we should see. If anyone knows of anything along this route that's worth stopping and gawking at, please let me know.

Depart Bolton, MS

Stop Selma, AL
-smiley face water tower
Stop: Overnight - Montgomery, AL
-Hank Williams Museum
-Rosa Parks Museum

Depart Montgomery, AL

Stop Tuskeegee, AL
-Moton Field
Stop Gaffney, SC
-Peach Water Tower

Arrive Charlotte, NC

2 comments:

Cortney said...

I don't know about on the way from Bolton to Charlotte, but on the way from AZ to MS there's an inviting B&B called Chez Linares. You are more than welcome to stop over here and sit a spell.

AMorris said...

Thanks Cort. I hope that we'll be driving from KC, but if not, we'll see if we can take you up on that. I trust that the proprietors and their progeny are legit....?