Friday, March 27, 2009

Sold?

We've accepted an offer that's just a gnat's ass above rediculous and now are in the 10 day inspection window. The LW got a little bent this morning when I told our realtor that if the buyer wants anything more than what he's getting that I've got two words for him and one of them is 'off'. The LW is a kinder more polite being, so there was some teeth gnashing over that at lunch.

We just had the first roof inspector up on the roof for about 4 minutes tell us what we already knew and say that it's $500 worth of repairs. Ya see, I was talking with the buyer on his 3rd trip to the house and mentioned that if we were going to be here another five years, we'd invest in a metal roof since the "built-up reflective" seems like crap to me. Well, he took that to mean that the roof was crap and is going to try to ding us on it at inspection time....at which time, he will be advised just where he can go and what he can do there.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if we didn't need the proceeds to move into something in KC without having to waste $$ on rent....but we do. The moron that sold the house to us didn't do us any favors and I don't want to lose any more of my shirt on the way out. If it comes down to staying here or losing another $50, I'm going to probably come down on the side of staying. I mean, the guy's already taking the two refridgerators we have and the butcherblock in the kitchen....wth else will he want? My pillow and socks?

We'll know soon enough, but if there's not something else posted here in a week or so, you'll know that the LW has tied me to the clothesline post with duct tape.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, if it comes down to taking a huge hit and waiting, I hope you will wait. You've put so much into that house, and I would hate to see someone take advantage of you. I remember what it looked like when you moved in, and you guys have turned it into a work of art. If I had money to buy it, I would. As of May, I will basically be working the night shift, and will be around if you need someone to spend time with the bebe while you work/work on the house. Just so you know, you have family here too....

Cortney said...

Well, I'm glad you guys got an offer you can live with. Hopefully, they'll like it enough to stick with it even if you don't come down another dime. Good luck!

Katie said...

I would say selling a house was the most stressful thing I have ever done. It made me hate humanity. I totally feel for you guys and know you'll make the best decision(s) for yourselves. Best of luck. The good news is this isn't permanent; there will be an end to the madness.

AMorris said...

We know Melissa...and thanks.

Cort, we hope that since the buyer is spending $600 on an appraisal and an inspection, he'll stick around.

Thanks Katie. It's totally crazy and would be that way if it was just us....throwing a toddler into the mix...well, that's where the bourbon comes in. =0) (for me, the toddler gets none)