Thursday, March 05, 2009

Busy

Worked around the house today - caulked nail holes, dug a fence post hole, tried not to be an arsehole to CP, did the dishes and laundry. I watched most of my time go down the hole though. It's just tough to get anything requiring more than 20 seconds finished and that's not good when you've got an open house coming up fast. There's a ton of stuff still to do if I'm to head off the Saturday morning scream fest that has become our weekly pre-realtor no-show event. Sometimes I just feel like giving the house away and just running as far as my feet and out of shape body will take me.

Read some of Sweet Juniper tonight and it was a glimpse of where Kansas City could be if it weren't for the surrounding metro areas propping up the tax base. Unaccredited schools and saggy pants shitheads have blown most of the old neighborhoods with large well-built houses into the crapper. Amazing houses like this one are going for $35k because the schools are shit and the school board has been comprised of morons for too long.

On a happier note, the nutbar down the street had his old truck towed out of his front yard today. Just in time for the open house! - Yayyyy! He walked by in front of the house yesterday and was giving me the evil eye when I waved to him and yelled, "howdy neighbor!". Now, if I could just get the drunks next door to quiet down for Sunday, we might just have a shot at getting a buyer.....

No comments: