Friday, June 20, 2008

Johnny Nash & The Mayor

I was discussing with the LW, my thoughts on having a quiet house and a relatively clear head this morning. I've been able to turn off the "Holy #@*t, where's CP?!" switch in the back of my mind and relax without worry. "Without worry" is a pretty tall order with a toddler in the house.

Being able to just sit and think this morning, without having to constantly be ready to react to something toddler related, is for me, akin to the way the local desert looks and feels after a slow cool rain. Everything is clear and clean. I thought of that Johnny Nash song from my childhood. Bright sunshiny day indeed.

I heard this story on NPR this morning too. It reminded me that many things are possible when kids are loved. Listen to it - don't read the text.

2 comments:

Bitty said...

Re the adoption story -- "check you out like a library book" gave me chills.

Clearly the right parents came along for this man. Wow.

I've been feeling down lately about the incredibly unfair Way that Things Are in Life, and this helped a lot. Thanks.

AMorris said...

You're welcome Bitty. It's a good story in a sea of sad ones.