Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Why

My wife and I were shocked to hear of the Tiller murder in Kansas, but not really surprised, given the level of general ignorance and stupidity that's pervasive there. I assume that most of the readers here know my wife and also know that she has little time for small-minded, sign-your-kids-up-early jeezusness, especially when it comes to lawmaking. This post won't change any of the minds of the pro-life (yet pro-war?) crowd, but it speaks to what happens in situations where folks like Dr. Tiller were, and continue to be needed.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting a link to this blog. How heartbreaking.

AMorris said...

The LW and I discussed this after meeting with the author of http://tinycatpants.wordpress.com in Nashville not too long ago. Given my upbringing, I wouldn't even think too much about this type of stuff, but the LW has opened my eyes to crappy things (like old white dudes making rules about what a girl can do with her own body) that are in plain sight, but unseen by most.