Thursday, May 22, 2008

Onward Atheist Soldier

Read this in my old local rag, the Pitch this morning and it just made me mad. That major that gave him a hard time is just a santorum style stain on the military, but there are tons like him. They've bought into several different flavors of koolaide and won't be persuaded otherwise. Another blogger has a good rundown. You'd think that a military leader with a college education would have the good sense......ahhhh, nevermind. Nothing's changed since I was in....

2 comments:

Bitty said...

I'm sure the military is full of non-believers, as the meeting proved. Hall's "mistake" was being a practicing non-believer. I suspect that he wasn't the only atheist at the Thanksgiving dinner, but the others went through the motions of the prayer, going along to get along.

It's rather shameful that Hall is serving his country to allegedly protect its freedoms, and while doing so is denied his.

But as you said, this is not a new story.

And I've always thought Bush's purpose in waging war on Iraq -- and the war I fear he'll start with Iran just as he leaves office -- is to facilitate Armageddon. The temptation would be great for an egotistical believer who thought he could set biblical prophecy in motion.

AMorris said...

It's interesting to look around at gatherings while other people pray/subjugate themselves to superstition.