Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The midwives continue to monitor the LW's condition, but all appears to be well. It was a tough blow mentally to see CP's due date come and go. That date is just an educated guess that gives the doctors the right to force you into an induction, monitoring, IV,........bills. I know all about the lifespan of the placenta, fluid levels, etc. I also understand that obstetricians have golf tee times and lunch engagements that they don't like to miss. The LW and I were both first children and we were both late babies. She was 3 weeks late and I was just a little over 2 weeks late. We're just continuing on with life as (un)usual for now. There's a stress test planned for Monday if CP's still hangin' in there.

The beloved VW bus went to a new home this week. There's a big vacant place in the yard now. I listed it on craigslist.org on Sunday night and had a guy come pick it up on Monday morning. He evidently has one that has been wrecked, but still has good parts everywhere else. I went out in the back yard with him and had just fired it up and let it idle and he said, "I'll take it". I doubt that I'll ever see another one with a factory sunroof for less than $10 grand, but them's the breaks... I actually did see one that was restored the other day on eBay and it was going for $10,995. The money that I raised from selling it will combine with some recent baby gift money and will start a college/first home fund for CP. The way things are going, she'll need all of the help that she can get.

The LW and I just heard about a movie that's being screened at Tribeca called "Flock of Dodos". It should be a pretty good show, but people will still believe crazy mythologies and antiquated creation stories because they are easy on the mind and encourage them not to think too much. Take scientology for instance, if you think the other religions have the market on outright looney behavior and methods, think again. At least the other god clubs don't have their own Navies.....yet.

In other news, the garden is coming along nicely and the first planting of corn is waist high already. The remainder of the sprouts have broken ground and are moving into the light. It really takes a good bit of soil temperature to get the pepper seeds moving along. They're stubborn.

It's a beautiful sunny day out.

No comments: