Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Not Listening

Today CP got in trouble at preschool for not coming out of her hiding place, thus scaring the crap out of the preschool instructors. We knew something like this would be coming since she's been on the "I'm exercising my will" kick, but it's still a bit unnerving. I know what it feels like when there's one in the house and I bet that it was really scary with 15 or so little ones in a big building. She got a good working over from the LW and I about listening, so we'll see if there's still a need for the retriever-style shock collar. (no, not really...)

The window on the superdeezle was repaired for free since every Jetta since 2000 has windows that fall into the doors. The maxima is almost ready for craigslist. I washed and waxed it today, but still need to tighten a bolt or two. The subie engine finally came apart today and the pistons and cylinders are scored, so we'll see what the machine shop gang says. I figure it'll need some honing and new pistons. The rods might be a little blued because it was run so long with a blown head gasket, but who knows. I hope to make the engine as bulletproof as possible so that I can depend on it to get me out in the sticks and back.

Still don't know much about the house and the possibility of moving, but contract work is sketchier by the minute.

No comments: