Friday, May 08, 2009

It's Valued at WHAT?

Well, not only did we get jerked the hell around on the review appraisal process, good 'ol Neil Jablon, from Phoenix no less, decided that based on his intimate knowledge of the Colonia del Valle neighborhood, the prices on foreclosure fire sales with tiny lots in other parts of our neighborhood, and similar houses south of 22nd street (wrong side of the tracks), that our house is worth $30k below what we currently base our tax bill on and $40k below the appraisal that was done two weeks ago. Thanks for that ......jacka$$. I had a dim view of appraisers before we started, and this just cemented it.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Excuse my language, but appraisers are fucking dirtbags. Like scum of the earth and real estate transaction dirtbags. I'm sorry you had to deal with a terrible one...

AMorris said...

That's pretty funny Katie. I do wish that I could pretty much guess for a living. Usually you need a PhD for that. The Home Valuation Code of Conduct is part of the problem. Brought to you in part by....drum roll....a lawyer! (Cuomo)

Dianna said...

Found your blog today while dealing with the incompetence of Neil Jablon. Please take the time to file a real estate appraiser violation complaint with the Arizona Board of Appraisal. I am on a campaign to give this man the extra stress and paperwork he is responsible for giving me based on his frivolous appraisal.

Neil Jablon said...

While I'm not looking to publicly debate the particulars of a private appraisal assignment, I feel I should defend myself and have therefore posted my own blog at : http://neiljablon.blogspot.com/

I can only urge all interested parties to read my response and advise all concerned to contact their lender or the state board regarding any issues with the quality of my work.

AMorris said...

Uh...Neil, you were the review appraiser. For someone from 100 miles from here to classify parts of town that are much different than my neighborhood as areas that would be similar shopping areas for buyers of my home is just..well...bullshit. Folks in Tucson who have kids and are looking at a house like mine wouldn't go near a house at 30th and Craycroft.

Also, throwing foreclosures that may not even have fixtures in comps that have roughly the same size house, but postage stamp size yards..then adjusting up a percent or two for "condition" falls into the same category as what's listed above.