Wednesday, April 02, 2008

SAHD

It was good to see Stay-At-Home-Dads in Austin and the RebelDad.com getting some play this morning on the Today show. They went through all of the typical things, but it came down to the same thing we found. Child care is expensive and the LW, with a degree from KU, could make boatloads more money than I could. It just makes sense. If I were still working somewhere, my salary would simply pay for childcare.

I think that CP and I will be headed to a SAHD meetup group activity at the zoo tomorrow. There are lots of things happening in town right now. Bike races, folk music, street fairs....

6 comments:

Katie said...

You have the hands-down coolest job in the world.

Congratulations!

AMorris said...

It's pretty cool sometimes. Today's zoo trip was part laughter and part chaos.

Becca said...

I am glad that there are parents who are choosing to stay at home with their children. It makes sense to me.

AMorris said...

It makes sense to a lot of other folks too. Especially when the LW makes enough for us to live somewhat comfortably on.

Bitty said...

I haven't been around for a while. In fact, I've barely been at my own blog for a while, but I'm trying to be more social. So, hello.

I enjoy your slice-of-life stories, but you know I come to look at the baby pictures because you have one of the top 10 most beautiful daughters in the world.

(I can say that since I have nothing but grandsons, but it's still true...)

AMorris said...

Thanks B. It's good to know that you're back around.