Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Away

I spent this past weekend helping out with a motorcycle race in order to get my "work points". Everyone has to work their club's respective race in order to qualify for placement at the end of the year. Since riders can't race their club's event, it doesn't make sense for racers not to work. It was a long drive (almost 5 hours - each way) to and from Prescott Valley. I found Prescott Valley to be eerily similar to that strange place we called home for a year, Canon City Colorado. Strange strip/frontage road layout with wierd turn/no turn lanes, chain smoking hillbilly women, etc....

I had fun working the race, but the rest of the time it was just cold. Cold while bored followed by sleeping in a tent while cold doesn't make for a stellar weekend. I got to work on some folks that were there and it really made my afternoon fun. I got the usual comments while people were on the massage table from the homophobic fox news/dittodummy fan club that seems to inhabit this sport, but other than that, it was good.

I thought that I was going to hold out and eat a pancake breakfast there with the gang this morning, but I just could'nt stand to be away from CP and the LW any longer. Snuggling CP at the door was enough to wash a weekend's worth of dust out of my eyes.

No comments: